If you would like to become a successful basketball coach, then you definitely need to be thoroughly knowledgeable about the fundamentals of basketball, including the X’s and O’s of defense and offense as well as the many drills that are available to use.
However, just having the knowledge by itself isn’t enough to make you into a successful basketball coach.
To be a successful basketball coach, you also must have the ability to teach. You need to have the ability to present basketball knowledge and information in a way that all players can quickly understand and learn. Every successful coach not only can teach the entire team but can provide effective individual instruction as well whenever it is needed.
- Guestpost: There Truly is an “i” in TEAM
- FIBA – Coach Svetislav Pesic: Pick & Roll Defense
- FIBA – Coach Zeljko Obradovic: Pick & Roll Offense
- FIBA – Coach Kennedy Hamilton: Teaching Fundamental Drills
- My Expectations on a Team Captain
- FIBA – Coach Clinic Live Recording
- Review: Coach Godwin’s 80/20 Scorer 3 Disc Set
- A quick heads-up: Coach Dodson’s Link List
- How Coaches can influence Referees
- 5 Tips for recruiting the right players