No coach ever truly wants to deal with tough coaching situations or more commonly, problem athletes. Soon or later, you are going to run into that one athlete who will make you wonder why you wanted to coach in the first place. Instinct tells you to get rid of this particular player. However, you should never dismiss any member of the team unless of course as a last resort.
You will find as a coach that dealing with problem athletes is part of your job. This is not always an easy task, but you must keep in mind that no matter how many problems are created by one particular athlete, it’s your job to make possibly a difference in their life.
- My Basketball Booklist
- A Tough Loss
- Review: BallSide.com – Easy Team Management for Coaches
- Thoughts on your Coaching Philosophy
- How To Get Started In Basketball Coaching
- Review: Coachdeck Basketball Drills
- Random Thoughts – Key Elements to being a good Leader
- The Difficulties of being a Basketball Parent
- How to come back to the Court
- Shooting Tips