Basketball players should not only eat healthy before and after games but in their every day lives. Basketball burns a lot of energy therefore, eating more foods which contain the nutrients your body needs will give you lots of energy for running up and down the court.
Proteins and Carbohydrates
If you are a serious basketball player then there are two food groups you need to familiarize yourself with. These food groups are called carbohydrates and proteins. Carbohydrates are good for brain function. “Carbs” go directly to your muscles and liver after being converted into glycogen. You can find “carbs” in bread, potatoes, pasta’s, honey, jam and rice.
- Nice article on Athlete Nutrition
- A quick run-down of Food Tips
- Managing your players
- Tips On Dealing With A Bad Coach
- How to handle Basketball Referees
- 9 Fundamentals of Passing
- 10 Questions to ask yourself if Basketball is the right sport for you
- Basic athletic skills which enhance Basketball Performance
- Tips for a great Post Play
- How to prevent injury on the court