If you have a child who is involved with sports you may be balking at the cost of protective gear which can really vary from sport to sport. Basketball is a great sport in that the specific equipment you need is actually very minimal. When compared to a sport like hockey, the amount of protective gear you need is affordable and easy to find.
When you are deciding what protective equipment to get you need to think about what injuries are the most common in basketball. For players, injuries to the leg joints can occur quite frequently. These can include sprained ankles and torn ligaments in the knees and ankles. Therefore, these are the areas that you should think about protecting first. It is much easier to prevent a joint injury than it is to heal one that has just occurred and by preventing the injuries it means you are not spending time off the court recovering.
- FIBA – Coach Svetislav Pesic: Pick & Roll Defense
- FIBA – Coach Zeljko Obradovic: Pick & Roll Offense
- FIBA – Coach Kennedy Hamilton: Teaching Fundamental Drills
- FIBA – Coach Clinic Live Recording
- Review: Coach Godwin’s 80/20 Scorer 3 Disc Set
- A quick heads-up: Coach Dodson’s Link List
- How Coaches can influence Referees
- Someone You Ought To Know: Renee Jimenez
- Someone You Ought To Know: Nikki Caldwell
- Managing your players