Being in a basketball team, it will only be a matter of time before you face an opponent on the court. By learning how to prepare for your opponent you will perform better on the court and increase your team’s chances of victory. There is a lot that you can do to get ready and practicing your skills and strategy is an important part of the process. This is because having confidence in your skills and abilities can really give you a mental edge over anyone facing you.
It also means that if you improve your ball handling skills you will be able to move in unexpected and difficult to anticipate ways and directions. If your opponent cannot tell where you will move next, you will be able to fool them and get past their defense in order to close on their basket much more easily. Getting into the zone around their basket and finding ways to keep the game play in that area means that you have more opportunity to score on their basket and prevent the ball from getting close to your own net where it may be able to cause problems for you and your team.
- FIBA – Coach Svetislav Pesic: Pick & Roll Defense
- FIBA – Coach Zeljko Obradovic: Pick & Roll Offense
- FIBA – Coach Kennedy Hamilton: Teaching Fundamental Drills
- FIBA – Coach Clinic Live Recording
- Review: Coach Godwin’s 80/20 Scorer 3 Disc Set
- A quick heads-up: Coach Dodson’s Link List
- How Coaches can influence Referees
- Someone You Ought To Know: Renee Jimenez
- Someone You Ought To Know: Nikki Caldwell
- Managing your players