Of all the skills in Basketball, shooting off the dribble can be one of the most challenging, as it involves a good number of techniques. First, try to make the movement as seamless as possible. This will limit the chance for the opposing team to steal the ball. When preparing for the stop and the shot, make sure that you are well grounded and in a good shooting position (body balance).
Knowing how to dribble is more than simply being able to move a ball from point A to point B. If you are truly skilled with your dribble you can also use it to easily get around other players and break through the defense around the basket. Doing this can put you in good position great shot. However, because there are so many elements involved in dribbling, it can be one of the most difficult skills to master. There are many players who score high in the percentage of baskets to points but who find it difficult to move around the court while dribbling a ball.
- FIBA – Coach Svetislav Pesic: Pick & Roll Defense
- FIBA – Coach Zeljko Obradovic: Pick & Roll Offense
- FIBA – Coach Kennedy Hamilton: Teaching Fundamental Drills
- FIBA – Coach Clinic Live Recording
- Review: Coach Godwin’s 80/20 Scorer 3 Disc Set
- A quick heads-up: Coach Dodson’s Link List
- How Coaches can influence Referees
- Someone You Ought To Know: Renee Jimenez
- Someone You Ought To Know: Nikki Caldwell
- Managing your players