NBA players call it D … the key to winning championships. Defense is the ability of a player to seize his opponent from getting and taking the ball to the basket. This is an excellent basketball skill that all players must learn. Optimum physical conditioning and strengthening are two major key to develop a strong and effective body built. In playing basketball, there will be lots of banging of the players’ bodies. You have to be equipped with a strong body to endure the heavy demands of the competition.
What is the importance of teaching your players how to execute proper defense? A player cannot just stand in front of a ball handler and expect to get that ball. It is not going to be that easy. Defense is a skill that needs to be practiced. Constant practice and execution of defensive drills help a player master the skill of defense. Oftentimes, coaches spend time with players, individually, to stress out special points in attaining a good defensive move.
- FIBA – Coach Svetislav Pesic: Pick & Roll Defense
- FIBA – Coach Zeljko Obradovic: Pick & Roll Offense
- FIBA – Coach Kennedy Hamilton: Teaching Fundamental Drills
- FIBA – Coach Clinic Live Recording
- Review: Coach Godwin’s 80/20 Scorer 3 Disc Set
- A quick heads-up: Coach Dodson’s Link List
- How Coaches can influence Referees
- Someone You Ought To Know: Renee Jimenez
- Someone You Ought To Know: Nikki Caldwell
- Playing Zone or Man to Man Defense