Over the course of a week, I visit several websites and blogs to read articles on what is going on in the Basketball Coaching Network. Along with the Weekly Round of articles published here on Layups.com, I’d like to share with you some of the greatest articles I found on the web. You can find all previous links right here in the Speedlinking Archive.
These are posts from Blogs that I enjoy reading and recommend:
- School and You
- Read and React – Maybe You Should Not Teach Your Players This?
- When & How Do You Promote Selfishness?
- Run and Jump Shell Drill
- Summer Shooting and Toughness Drill
- Posting a Perimeter
- 1-4 Play to Feed the Post
Elements of Excellence:
Get into Hoops:
- Developing a sense of urgency
- Effort vs. Apathy
- Evaluating a game the Don Meyer way
- The importance of student-managers
- Obstacles = Opportunities
- Off-Season Evaluation the UCF way
- Thoughts onf communicating vision
- Thoughts on Discipline from Jim Rohn
- Tubby Smith’s 4 Defensive Goals
Men’s Basketball HoopScoop:
- Matt Painter – Purdue vs. Tom Crean – Indiana | Round 2 "Crunch Time Plays"
- Bob McKillop – Davidson vs. Bob Huggins – West Virginia
- Brad Steven's Zone Offense vs. Jim Boeheim's 2-3 Matchup Zone Defense
- John Beilein Michigan Offense Post-up
- Alvin Gentry – Phoenix Sun | "Under" Set Play and Early Offense
- Stan Van Gundy – Orlando Magic vs. Doc Rivers – Boston Celtics | Crunch Time Plays
Online Basketball Drills:
X’s & O’s of Basketball:
- Summer Workout Tips to Maximize Your Time in the Sun | Fitness Black Book
- Sports Science Killed the Coaching Star, Sports Science Killed the Coaching Star…. | Sports Coaching Brain