Usually when a person spends more then five years at a University without gaining a Ph.D. it’s frowned upon. However, I don’t think anyone will be making a fuss about Jim Boeheim staying at Syracuse since his playing days in 1962.
Boeheim was born in Lyon’s New York on November 17, 1944. He would graduate from Lyons Central High School in 1962 and promptly enrolled at Syracuse, setting the stage for a long career as a member of the Orange family.
Boeheim was a good student who walked unto (not a scholarship athlete) the team during his freshman year. Perhaps it was serendipitous that Boeheim’s roommate during that year was Dave Bing, who would go on to be one of the most decorated players in the history of the university.
- Layups.com Speedlinking #014
- Coach Tim Springer from Spartan Basketball
- My Basketball Booklist
- Layups.com Speedlinking #013
- 1st Spalding Pro Camp in Germany
- Layups.com Speedlinking #012
- Review: KBA Playmaker Basketball Clipboard with Dry Erase Marker
- Portraits of top NCAA Coaches: Roy Williams
- Portraits of top NCAA Coaches: Ben Howland
- Review: BallSide.com – Easy Team Management for Coaches