If you are an athlete who has always enjoyed sports, it can be difficult to decide to put that behind you. Whether it is giving up athletics altogether or simply switching your focus to another sport. Telling your parents that you want to quit a sports team can be difficult for many younger athletes to do.
There are a few questions to ask and you need to remember about before you decide to talk to your parents. They will want to know why you want to quit. Having answers to that question before you talk to them is a good way to show how serious you are. Explain to them, that you are not simply quitting on a whim. If you are not having fun but you have been in the past, you need to think about what has changed? Is it a new coach that you are not happy with or are you simply not interested in the sport any longer?
- Guestpost: There Truly is an “i” in TEAM
- My Expectations on a Team Captain
- 5 Tips for recruiting the right players
- How not to be an annoying Sideline Parent
- Managing your players
- Talking to your childs High School Coach
- Tips On Dealing With A Bad Coach
- Preparing for the next Basketball Season
- How to handle Basketball Referees
- Thoughts on your Coaching Philosophy