As a coach you have to deal with a lot of different people. I have touched about how to deal with referees in one of my previous articles, so now I’d like to highlight some of the common methods used by coaches to influence the decision-making of refs.
A couple of referees I conduct games with have opened a Facebook group to exchange information, as well as tips for gameday from the ref’s side of the fence. Being a coach myself I have used a few methods to try and influence a call. Let’s be honest, which coach hasn’t in one way or the other?
- FIBA – Coach Svetislav Pesic: Pick & Roll Defense
- FIBA – Coach Zeljko Obradovic: Pick & Roll Offense
- FIBA – Coach Kennedy Hamilton: Teaching Fundamental Drills
- FIBA – Coach Clinic Live Recording
- Review: Coach Godwin’s 80/20 Scorer 3 Disc Set
- A quick heads-up: Coach Dodson’s Link List
- Someone You Ought To Know: Renee Jimenez
- Someone You Ought To Know: Nikki Caldwell
- He lost his temper, Ref!
- Talking to your childs High School Coach