Any good coach will tell you that there is more to building strong, healthy basketball players than simply running drills and playing games. The fact is that the best basketball players have well-rounded fitness routines that include weight training, aerobic exercise and drills to target the specific skills that require development and training.
It can be hard to look at the many individual weight training exercises and put them together in a way that will help your players develop well rounded physiques as well as muscles that will help them perform better on the court. One thing that you need to keep in mind is the importance of spacing out the days where you target specific muscle groups. There are a few reasons for this.
- 10 Tips on Improving your Speed
- Gaining Weight as a Basketball Player
- The Benefits of Jogging
- What to Eat before a Game: The Link between Diet and Athletic Performance
- The Importance Of Sleep – How Fatigue can negatively affect your Athletic Performance
- Off-Season Training Tips – Part II
- Off-Season Training Tips – Part I
- Dealing with an Injury during a Basketball Game
- Eating the Right Stuff – Providing the Right Fuel for the Basketball Machine