I’ve written about the skill expectations on an average Forward earlier. Today, let’s talk about the skill expectations of an average center. There are many traits which are highly valued in the game of basketball with height being the most sought-after trait, especially with centers. More times to none, a coach will take a chance on an average center with limited skills as long as the height is there.
The position of center is truly an important position. Centers are responsible for those baskets up-close as well as preventing baskets while playing defense. The skill expectations for an average center can vary however; coaches should keep in mind that basketball players can be formed with the right coaching techniques as well as motivation.
- 9 Fundamentals of Passing
- Basic athletic skills which enhance Basketball Performance
- Basketball Skills to teach young Children
- Have Leadership Skills you can be proud of
- Tips on Improving your Drills
- Developing Habits which make you a good Player
- Defining Success and what it means for You
- What to Eat before a Game: The Link between Diet and Athletic Performance
- Random Thoughts – Key Elements to being a good Leader
- Choosing players for your Team Roster