The guards are usually the ones who are the most talented ball handlers in the team. They have the responsibility to take a look at the different positions of their teammates to make a strong and crisp pass. Often, they are also the quickest players on the court. They may be small, and appear vulnerable against taller players, however, they are the hardest ones to catch and contain. Oftentimes, the guards are also capable of creating a space for them to shoot. They are not afraid to penetrate the basket from the sidelines. If they get caught, they can easily pass the ball around.
Their senses are very much heightened to a point that they can anticipate and see where his teammates are. Point Guards give instructions to where their teammates should position themselves tactically, so that they can get the ball across them. These are just some the roles that guards execute in basketball games.
- How not to be an annoying Sideline Parent
- Managing your players
- Talking to your childs High School Coach
- Tips On Dealing With A Bad Coach
- Preparing for the next Basketball Season
- How to handle Basketball Referees
- Thoughts on your Coaching Philosophy
- How To Get Started In Basketball Coaching
- 9 Fundamentals of Passing
- 10 Questions to ask yourself if Basketball is the right sport for you