Guarding a taller player is not always an easy task. This is typically not something most basketball players enjoy doing. Sometimes the team has players who have fouled out or simply no one tall enough to handle those tall players on the boards or anywhere else on the court.
I was once ordered to guard a taller player and as I stood there in disbelief with the full knowledge that I could not competently take on the taller player, my coach informed me that when we were in under the boards, to step on the taller players pivot foot. Is this ethical? No, it is not which is why I want to share some tips for short people guarding taller players.
- 9 Fundamentals of Passing
- Basic athletic skills which enhance Basketball Performance
- Basketball Skills to teach young Children
- Have Leadership Skills you can be proud of
- How to develop basic Tactical Skills
- Tips on Improving your Drills
- Developing Habits which make you a good Player
- Defining Success and what it means for You
- What to Eat before a Game: The Link between Diet and Athletic Performance
- Random Thoughts – Key Elements to being a good Leader