Many people have asked if I might consider posting their articles on my blog. In the past, I’ve always said “No”, but now, I’m ready to give it a try. So, effective immediately, I’ll be accepting guest posts. However, at this time, I only plan on publishing one guest post each week.
Your post must cover one of these four topics:
- Personal Growth
- Coaching and Leadership
- Player Development
- Parenting in Youth Sports
Currently I’m not interested in publishing guest posts for payment, link exchange, link/profile building or advertisement, unless you are a coach or basketball player or a company which is involved in creating products and services related to the topical theme of Layups.com. That said, I don’t accept the equivalent of a sponsored post or an advertisement for products and services.
I will ignore and delete these kind of requests.
Thank you for your understanding!
- You must submit an original guest post. The post must not have been previously published in print or on the Web. You must own all rights to the post and accompanied images.
- You must agree to not publish your post anywhere else, including on your website or blog. However, you may post a summary or “teaser” on your site that links back to the guest post.
- You may include up to three links in your byline: one for your website or blog, one for your About page or bio, and one for your Twitter or Facebook username. The social media link is optional.
- Your post should be between 800 and 1200 words.
- Most likely, I’ll copyedit your post for spelling, punctuation, and grammar. If substantive changes are made, although it is unlikely, I will send the edited post to you for approval.
- I may add a brief introduction and conclusion to your post, providing the rationale or context, which will explain why I believe the post is important to my readers. I’ll make sure my comments are stylistically different from your post, so readers are clear that they are my comments and not yours.
I know that it takes a lot of work to write a blog post. However, I am not obligated to publish it and I will only publish guest posts that, in my judgment, add value to my readers.
- When your post meets the guidelines listed above, you’re ready to submit.
- Email the post to me for consideration. It may take me a couple of days to review your submission.
- Include a one or two-sentence byline, including who you are, what you do, your blog address, and your Facebook and/or Twitter address.
- Include the size of your readership including the number of blog readers, Twitter followers, and Facebook fans or friends.
- Confirm that you’re willing to engage with my readers in the comment section of your post. This is an important element and is not negotiable. This is something my readers have come to expect from me and people who guest post on my site.
- If possible include your post as a plain text file or in the body of the email. Please do not include any HTML coding.
- If your post is rejected, you are free to do whatever you wish with it, including posting it elsewhere.
There is no pay for guest posts published on my site. However, there are a few reasons people want to publish posts here, including:
- Gain access to a new audience in the hope of gaining readers for your blog.
- Gain a few back-links to your blog which can help with your Google Page Rank.
- Increase your visibility and reputation within your network.