Earlier this week, there were reports that Tom Izzo, coach of the Michigan State University Spartans would leave to open the new Matthew Knight arena at the University of Oregon. The man who had lead the Spartans since 1995, never missing a post-season tournament in the process, would open up their new arena, paid for by alumnus and Nike founder Phil Knight, and return their team to former glory.
But, as the saying goes, “If it sounds too good to be true… it probably is.” Izzo denied that he had been contacted and confirmed his commitment to the Spartans. “I’m happy with the job that I have,” Izzo said.
- Layups.com Speedlinking #014
- Coach Tim Springer from Spartan Basketball
- My Basketball Booklist
- Layups.com Speedlinking #013
- 1st Spalding Pro Camp in Germany
- Layups.com Speedlinking #012
- Review: KBA Playmaker Basketball Clipboard with Dry Erase Marker
- Portraits of top NCAA Coaches: Roy Williams
- Portraits of top NCAA Coaches: Ben Howland
- Review: BallSide.com – Easy Team Management for Coaches