The other day I was talking to one of my players about the proper nutrition in these days. Inspired by this I’ve put together a quick run-down of elementary food tips:
- Eat diversified and balanced.
- Eat alot of products which contain grain, like bread, pasta and flakes. Potatoes too! All of them have vitamins, mineral nutrients and dietary fiber, but are low on fat at the same time.
- Try to eat a handful of fresh vegetables and fruits everyday. If you cook the vegetables than only short. A good thing, too, is to drink the fruits in forms of juice.
- Eat and drink milk products everyday. Fish should be eaten once or twice a week. Don’t eat too much sausages and meat. Reduce it to 500 grams per week.
- Fat supplies your body with indispensable fatty acids. Fatty food include fat soluble Vitamins, so you should perfer vegetable oil and fat. Try to keep these at 80 gramms per day and pay attention to fat which is included in meat, milk, pastries and in Fast Food.
- Don’t eat too much sugar and salt. Avoid sugar-containing drinks. Flavor your food with herbage and spicery.
- Drink! Water is very important for your body, and you need to refill it constantly. Make sure you drink around 2 litres per day.
- Cook your food with rather low temperaturs and where possible with only a little water and fat. This will save the precious nutrients.
- Take your time to eat! If you concentrate on what you eat, make sure you not to hurry. Relax and enjoy your food. Taking your time will help you saturate much earlier.
- Watch your weight and move your body. Balanced nutrition and sports go hand in hand and you should move at least an hour per day.
[info_box]Picture credit: LifeSupercharger • Creative Commons Attribution[/info_box]